|Vice President||Glenn Woodley|
During the 2013/14 year we:
• Conducted the business of the Association. Maintained close contact with the GITA and assisted on their picket line.
• Contacted and recruited members and Invited the 2014 retirees to breakfast on September 3, 2014. We also were a contact organization for Gulf Island retired teachers from other parts of the province and Canada.
Contacted our Local MP Elizabeth May to obtain her position on the expiring Health Accord.
• Worked in the local archives to document the history of the Gulf Islands Schools and worked with the Saltspring Conservancy to provide outdoor education programs to all the Elementary and Middle School pupils on SSI.
•Up-dated our Historical Website of the history of Gulf Islands Schools. See GIRTA.ca
• Held three general membership meetings and four executive meetings. Contacted members who do not live on Saltspring Island by e-mail. Held our Annual Christmas “get-together” and social.
• Maintained contact with the BCRTA
• Held our AGM and elected table officers
• Fulfilled our financial requirements
We will have two representations at the AGM of the BCRTA.
Submitted by, R. McWhirter