Join BCRTA - Free 1st year Membership - Win 1 of 10 IPad Mini4's


Starts at 65 you must apply in writing

Must be a citizen or legal resident of Canada

Must have 10 years of residence in Canada after age 18

There are reciprocal agreements with many countries

Do NOT self-screen - just apply

Payment outside Canada:

Once a full or partial Old Age Security pension has been approved, it may be paid indefinitely outside Canada, if the pensioner has lived in Canada for at least 20 years after reaching 18 years of age. Otherwise, payment may be made only for the month of a pensioner's departure from Canada and for six additional months, after which payment is suspended.

The benefit may be reinstated if the pensioner returns to live in Canada and meets all conditions of eligibility.

Canada Old Age Security Plan (OAS) Website