Please note: The 1:00 pm start for the Candidates Forum on Sept. 7th has changed to 7:00 pm with doors open at 6:15 pm
September 3rd at Harvest Golf Club on KLO Rd.
Coffee at 8:00 Breakfast at 8:30
CORTA is subsidizing the breakfast in order to keep it at $25 per member for yet another year.
You MUST sign up by noon on Thursday August 29th.
You can RSVP to Charlene Hodgson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text her at 250-212-1654
We will be adding details to events as they get closer to the date and will also be adding dates for upcoming workshops and guest speakers
- Tuesday, Sept. 3, 2019 – To Hell with the Bells Breakfast @ 8 am (b’fast- 8:30), Harvest Golf Club
- Saturday, Sept. 7, 2019 – Candidates Forum @ 7 pm Note new time!, Mary Irwin Theatre
- Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019 – Candidates Forum @ 7 pm, Club 17, Senior Citizens Assoc. (Richter St.)
- Monday, Oct. 7, 2019 – CORTA General Mtg & Luncheon @ 11:30 am (lunch @ 12), Coast Capri Hotel
- Monday, Dec. 2, 2019 – CORTA General Mtg & Luncheon @ 11:30 am (lunch @ 12), Coast Capri Hotel
- Monday, Mar. 2, 2020 – CORTA General Mtg & Luncheon @ 11:30 am (lunch @ 12), Coast Capri Hotel
- Monday, May 4, 2020 – CORTA AGM & Luncheon @ 11:30 am (lunch @ 12)
FEDERAL ELECTION INFORMATION
Click on the Elections Canada logo above to get impartial election information. Please also feel free to attend one or both of the forums listed above under ‘Upcoming Events 2019’
MASTER GARDENERS ASSOCIATION OF BRITISH COLUMBIA
Saturdays, September 7 to December 7 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Excellent Volunteer Opportunity
The Kelowna 2019 55+ BC Games are taking place September 10 – 14, 2019. The 55+ BC Games is an annual multi sport event produced by the BC Seniors Games Society for 55+ population of BC to participate in the 20 to 29 individual Sports.
If you would like to volunteer, go to the following website to register:
Denise Trowsdale will speak to these 55+ Games at our March 4 Luncheon
Paid Opportunity for CORTA Members
Lynne at OakLearning.ca is reaching out to our group to invite anyone who may be interested in becoming a Brain Trainer to contact her directly at 250-549-6958 or at Lynne@oaklearning.ca. Ideally, she would like to have two individuals who are looking for a few hours of paid work each week. She will provide prospective employees with training, observation opportunities and supervision until the person feels comfortable to deliver the program independently. Contact Lynne to learn more or go to their website: http://www.oaklearning.ca/
CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Project Literacy is proud to have a One to One Reading program where it matches volunteers with Elementary school children who are struggling with reading. It is currently searching for more volunteers, especially in West Kelowna.
Project Literacy Kelowna
Hours would be once or twice a week for 1-3 hours, between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm. Current volunteers have expressed enjoyment from:
– Being a positive role model for a child
– Giving back to the community
– Being a part of the school culture
Canada’s New Food Guide
Photo courtesy of Canada’s Food Guide
UPDATE – NOW ACTIVE IN BC!
MEDOC travel insurance is now active when you travel inside or outside of BC.