Guide to BCRTA Zone Meetings
- To improve communications among the branches, and between branches and directors.
- To recognize and build on branch presidents’ experience and expertise.
- To enhance the BCRTA’s ability to provide services to its members.
- To strengthen BCRTA networks in order to be more effective in our work on behalf of our members.
Implications of the 2008-09, 2010 and 2014 AGM motions
- If a majority of presidents in a zone decides not to participate, no meeting will be called.
- A branch president may designate a substitute to attend in his/her place, at BCRTA expense.
- The BCRTA will also fund the attendance of a second representative from each branch.
- Zone meetings are not official parts of the BCRTA decision-making structure. A resolution coming out of a zone meeting may be forwarded as a recommendation from the zone for consideration by the Board of Directors.
3 Director attendance
At least one director will be assigned to each zone.
4 Meeting location
A zone meeting must be held within its geographic area, except those zones in which the majority of branch representatives would have to travel more than 150 km to attend a meeting at a common location within the zone may organize a zone meeting in conjunction with the BCRTA AGM.
5 Cooperative planning
Date, time, place and agenda should be cooperatively planned among the participating branch presidents and zone directors.
- BCRTA rules and rates for expense reimbursement apply.
- Claimable expenses guide for zone meetings:
- for all BCRTA-paid participants: travel, lunch, and coffee/tea/snacks at the meeting
- for those who drive 175-249km to the meeting site: 1 night hotel + dinner+ breakfast
- for those who drive 250+ km to the meeting site: 2 nights hotel + 2 dinners+ 2 breakfasts
- the most time- and cost-effective mode of travel will be reimbursed, and car-pooling is expected where it is reasonably possible.
- the rate for hotel accommodation shall be no more than $145.00 plus taxes per night.
6 Branch presidents (or their designates)
- are asked to bring to their Zone Meetings information about their branch operations and activities, to share with other meeting participants;
- should share with their executive committees and their branch members matters of interest arising at their Zone Meetings; and may be asked to cooperate in provincial BCRTA activities, projects or campaigns.