Bill C-27 has been in the news lately as Canadians have come to understand the real threats to the sustainability of their pension plans. Bill C-27 will allow plan sponsors to reduce future pensions, even for pensioners already retired.
Please contact your local MP right now to express your opposition to this Bill. BCRTA has provided the following documents to assist you:
- Background to Bill C27 – What you need to know to before contacting your MP
- BCRTA’s Action Plan – How to proceed
- A Sample Letter to Your MP – Use this to draft your own personal letter
- Sample phone conversation with your MP
- List of all MPs’ contact information sorted by BCRTA Branches
When you do make contact with your MP, please report your interaction to Laurie in the BCRTA office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make others aware of this issue – you can use the links below to share on Facebook, Google+ or by email.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
BC Retired Teachers’ Association
550 West 6th Avenue, Suite 100
Vancouver, BC V5Z 4P2
Toll Free 1.877.683.2243