BCRTA members consistently rank Extended Health Care and other insurance products as extremely important to their peace of mind. Recent articles discussing member experiences with the current Teachers’ Pension Plan default coverage through Green Shield have generated much discussion and feedback. Many members are inquiring about alternative coverage.
You should know that BCRTA members have choices beyond the TPP default insurance coverage! The BCRTA Pension and Benefits Committee has partnered with Johnson Insurance to create a line-up of products tailor-made to suit our members. Some things to watch out for include comparing each plan’s coverage of the particular medications you depend on, deductibles, and lifetime coverage limits.
We have set up an easy way for you to get a free-of-charge confidential insurance assessment, to see which plans work best for you.
BCRTA is pleased to highlight these exclusive insurance offerings:
Johnson’s Extended Health Care (EHC) with Prestige Travel
This is our fastest growing insurance product. It provides:
- Full EHC coverage with no annual deductible.
- Coverage for any number of 62 days trips outside of BC
- No 90-day stability clause
Coming soon: Extended Health Care coverage. We are expecting to offer EHC coverage this fall for our members who do not travel or who find that our Medoc plan suits their needs fully.
MEDOC Travel Insurance is the Most Popular Travel Option
- Any number of 17 or 35 day trips out of British Columbia
- 3 rate levels. You can’t beat the Optimum rates if you qualify by completing a Health Option Questionnaire.
- Ask our Johnson’s insurance professional for an apples-to-apples comparison the next time your house insurance renews. You may be surprised at the savings available to BCRTA members.
Best Friend Advice
BCRTA has continued to work with Johnson’s over the years because of the excellent service they provide. We recommend that you talk to a Johnson Insurance Professional when you are considering the alternative plans available. They will help you understand the technical differences between the plans and help you make the right decision for you, even if it means staying with your current provider.
Get a free-of-charge confidential insurance assessment, and see which plans work best for you. Visit www.bcrta.ca/alternatives and learn more.